At New Life Wichita, we offer three excellent ways for you to take small steps towards building connections. Choose one, two or all three!
A Small Group is simply a group of 3 to 12 people with common interests who invest in one another’s lives. They meet at least weekly to “do life” and pursue growth together. Small Groups meet at various places and times. Beyond just attending a group, consider opening your home to host and possibly even lead a group. For potential leaders, we have an application process. For those who successfully make it through the application and interview steps, we offer training. For more information about Small Groups: Click Here
XP (eXPerience) groups are “low-commitment” groups designed to help you meet people around a common interest or stage of life. It’s a great way to meet people and grow without signing up for something that never ends! For more information about XP Groups: Click Here
Serving isn’t an event. It’s a lifestyle. Two key ways to serve are:
The weekend experience:
It takes all of us working together to create a weekend experience that both the unchurched and the believer love to attend.
There are lots of ways to serve. Here are a just few:
- Children’s Ministry (teachers, helpers, check-in, behind-the-scenes setup and admin, etc.)
- Host Team (Greeter, parking lot, usher, coffee, etc.)
- Creative Arts Team (singers, musicians, sound, light and media techs)
- Setup / Teardown, plus many other areas.
If any of these areas might be of interest to you, simply shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll connect you with the team leader for the area in which you are interested!
Serving beyond the church walls:
The church isn’t a building. It’s a movement made up of people who impact others. We don’t exist for ourselves. We exist for others. Beyond just the weekend, we want everyone to serve where they are gifted and doing something they are passionate about.
- Your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc.: We don’t always think about this, but every day you will encounter ways to serve. Start with your own street and go from there. Mowing a lawn, offering a meal, inviting a neighbor over for dinner, sharing your contact info and offering to keep an eye on their house if they go out of town; these are all examples of simple ways to serve. Beyond that, consider over-tipping your server or beautician/barber, help a single-mom with her groceries, etc. Maybe treat a co-worker to lunch, or offer to help them get ahead before they leave town for a vacation. There are SO many simple ways to impact the lives of others through intentional acts of service.
- The community: Partner with one of the great organizations in our city that help people every day. Some of the key organizations to which we point people are:
His Helping Hands
We try to regularly serve the community together and often organize serving events in which you can participate. The best thing to do is follow us on Facebook and watch for serving events.
- Small Groups: We want to do everything we can to prevent anyone from doing life alone. We seek to lead everyone into authentic, life-giving, life-transforming community. To do that, requires people with a heart to help make this happen. Two of the key ways are leading a group and/or hosting a group in your home. For more info about what it takes to become a leader or host, please email us at email@example.com